Friday, October 18, 2013

Rough at Sea

I think I am in peri-menopause or pre-menopause or whatever it is called. I just know that it has something to do with menopause. Around March 2011, I had started missing cycles and they would come on like every other month until August 2012. I was never one to have a heavy cycle, it would last maybe 2 or 3 days on end, and it was very light that I almost forgot that I had one when it came on. Well in August of 2012, I didn't see anything and I still didn't see anything until January 2013. Five months without a cycle...Yoohoo! That felt great. The thing is that I never knew when and if it would come on. It just popped up one day without notice in January 2013. The years prior to that, I could pinpoint exactly when and what day I was suppose to have a cycle. And like it had done in the past, it only stayed on those 2 or 3 days in January.

Well, can somebody tell me why I just got a cycle in October of this year! Nine months of no cycle. Let me tell you what happened. I had gone home from work that Friday, and after using the toilet, I saw some pinkish stuff on my tissue. I thought at first I may have wiped too hard, but I looked at it again and said to myself, "Well I guess a cycle is about to come on." Well I didn't see anything else after that. So stuff like that makes you wonder, "What the heck!" Well Saturday passed and there was nothing. Hmmm, I thought to myself that was strange, but I just went on with my day. Well lo and behold, Sunday came and since I have never had a cramp in my life, that day was not unusal because still no cramps, I just felt like water was rumbling all through my stomach. It sounds weird but it was like I could feel a gush of water.

I got up and went on to church and when we all stood up, I felt like I was wet all in my underwear. When it was time for us to fellowship and shake hands, I excused myself out to the restroom to see if I had any damage going on down there, but there was nothing. Nice clean underwear still in tact. When church was over, and instead of staying for Sunday School like we normally do, my daughter and I went to Whataburger and just the short drive to get there, I declare I could feel wetness. While she ordered, I went to the ladies room and yall there was blood everywhere. It hadn't reached my pants and I was surely thankful for that. I always carry something in my purse just in case, because I heard that if you haven't had a cycle in a whole year, then you are most likely in full menopause.

Anyway, after we got our food, my daughter said she needed to stop somewhere. I told her I would bring her back later and that I needed to get home. After I got home and took a bath and got some clean clothes on, I just still felt all icky. I flowed like it was the end of the world. I have never had a heavy flow in my life. It was like I had to change my tampon like every 2 hours (not that you wanted to know all that), so I had to put on a pad and a tampon so the overflow leakage would not get in my underwear. Each time I had to bathe or wash off, because the blood was in excess of what I am used to. So I figured well in 2 days, this will be gone. Oh I had another think coming. No, this time it did not go off in 2 days like I was used to. It stayed on up until this morning. I have never used a whole box of O.B. Tampons in a week, my box usually lasts for at least 3 cycles (3 months). I honestly don't know how women do it, they go for like 7 days. After I kept flowing and flowing, I really thought something was wrong with me. So ain't no telling when the next one will come. It might be 3 months, might be another 9 months or I might get up to that year. But I do know that it was a rough time at sea. I don't want that no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment